whose bike do i keep seeing…

This topic contains 1,973 replies, has 338 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Going2tri Going2tri 1 year, 2 months ago.

  • Creator
    Topic
  • #609404
    Avatar of daniel-highpants
    daniel-highpants
    Participant

    …at 32nd and nicollet across from the metro transit bus garage?

    it’s a black and red soma (is the fixed gear called the rush?), mustache bars, panaracers, maybe 52cm.

    i see it all the time, i just wondered if it was someone on here.

    if not, so be it. this could be an ongoing thread, though, since i know we all have those bikes we wonder about.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 1,973 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #614096
    Avatar of sveden
    sveden
    Participant

    I just saw jbl as he was delivering Peace Coffee to my office at the U.

    That was cool. That is all.

    #614097
    Avatar of majorgroove
    majorgroove
    Participant

    @daniel highpants wrote:

    is the fixed gear called the rush?

    Hell Yeah, Geddy Lee rocks!

    PS. jbl got his ass worked last Sunday by a guy in a pink jersey. Blahdow! That’s all.

    #614098
    Avatar of majorgroove
    majorgroove
    Participant

    PPS. The guy in the pink jersey couldn’t fill out his manifest to the satisfaction of the manifest-nazi race judges, so jbl won anyway.

    OK, that’s really all… for now.

    #614099
    Avatar of mplsminx
    mplsminx
    Participant

    I kind of want to make this a sticky because it could be a kind of “Hey, I saw you(r bike)!” thread. What do you guys think?

    #614100
    Avatar of deplaqer
    deplaqer
    Participant

    @mplsminx wrote:

    I kind of want to make this a sticky because it could be a kind of “Hey, I saw you(r bike)!” thread. What do you guys think?

    Sounds swell! :grin:

    #614101
    Avatar of daniel-highpants
    daniel-highpants
    Participant

    @mplsminx wrote:

    I kind of want to make this a sticky because it could be a kind of “Hey, I saw you(r bike)!” thread. What do you guys think?

    that’s kind of what i was hoping.

    i’m still confused about whose bike i keep seeing, though. jbl? geddy lee? what the hell is going on around here?

    #614102
    Avatar of mplsminx
    mplsminx
    Participant

    Done.

    So…who have you seen lately?!

    #614103
    Avatar of Nickel
    Nickel
    Participant

    I saw a guy on a SS Bianchi with seafoam green bar tape and black & seafoam green seat.

    #614104
    Avatar of dsquared
    dsquared
    Participant

    Near Hennepin and Franklin a few times, I saw an old steel road bike with a partial fairing. It looked pretty cool. I’ve also seen the bike somewhere near downtown. It’s a cool bike, anyone know the owner?

    #614105
    Avatar of pinkzilla
    pinkzilla
    Participant

    I see this pretty bright orange fixie outside Java Jacks as I pass by all the time. They must work there or just love their coffee…

    #614106
    Avatar of sveden
    sveden
    Participant

    @dsquared wrote:

    Near Hennepin and Franklin a few times, I saw an old steel road bike with a partial fairing.

    I’m fairly certain that herent posted something about it one time somewhere deep in the bowels of mplsbikelove about that bike and its owner.

    Its always parked outside the Guthrie right?

    #614107
    Avatar of Radlerin
    Radlerin
    Moderator

    @pinkzilla wrote:

    I see this pretty bright orange fixie outside Java Jacks as I pass by all the time. They must work there or just love their coffee…

    You mean Bob’s Java hut, no? It’s there every day.
    Yesterday it was lying horizontally on the snow drift,
    while locked to the street sign. :)

    I met the owner of that bike the day of Bridget’s recent
    art closing, but his name escapes me now. He lives above 1×1.

    #614108
    Avatar of pinkzilla
    pinkzilla
    Participant

    @Radlerin wrote:

    @pinkzilla wrote:
    I see this pretty bright orange fixie outside Java Jacks as I pass by all the time. They must work there or just love their coffee…

    You mean Bob’s Java hut, no? It’s there every day.
    Yesterday it was lying horizontally on the snow drift,
    while locked to the street sign. :)

    I met the owner of that bike the day of Bridget’s recent
    art closing, but his name escapes me now. He lives above 1×1.

    Argghh – yes I totally mean Bob’s Java Hut….

    Silly me.

    #614109
    Avatar of mplsminx
    mplsminx
    Participant

    Hi to the red-bearded tall-guy we saw biking west on Franklin yesterday around five-ish! It’s just plain weird to me to get the smile-wave combo. But weird in a good way.

    Also, we saw Deplaqer on Washington during the same commute :)

    #614110
    Avatar of peat
    peat
    Participant

    At the U:

    Black and Yellow taped (electrical tape) fixie. Outside of EECS all the time. Nice ride. I think it has been posted on here before, but I’m too lazy to dig through the posts.

    Black fixie outside of Vincent Hall. “Bike and Destroy” sticker. Also cool.

    I always see these bikes parked but never see the people riding them. Bad timing I guess.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 1,973 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.