Stupor Bowl XI, Feb 1st-2nd

This topic contains 321 replies, has 85 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of peedubya peedubya 6 years, 9 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    andy-larson
    Participant

the Minneapolis Bike Messenger Association (MBMA) presents, once again, the granddaddy that started it all in MPLS, STUPOR BOWL XI, Feb 1st-2nd 2008.

SCHEDULE:

Friday Feb 1st-

5-9pm: pre-registration and Texas Twins challenge @ Cars-R-Coffins 3346 Lyndale Ave S.

- “Texas Twins” stolen from the Dublin bike messengers as seen at Cycle Messenger World Champ’s, Texas Twins is your normal parter race, except you and your partners legs are tied together, and you have to ride half-broken, yet functional kids bikes. Intrigued?

10pm-Midnight: Stuporbowlopoly: CASH IS KING. Monopoly-style alleycat race. Winners get cold, hard cash. Winning is about speed and luck. Haven’t done one of these? Come check it out. Certain to be copied at the next No Name or something. :grin:

(p.s. you need not be registered for Stupor Bowl to race in Stuporbowlopoly; $5 cash gets you a shot to win and a spoke card)

Midnight-? downtown bars. drink lots of water afterwards, ’cause you don’t want to be THAT hungover tomorrow.

Saturday Feb 2nd

11am-1:30pm Registration at One on One 117 N Washington Ave
    2:00pm-till it is done: STUPOR BOWL XI
    those who race will party at an extreme post-party. trackstand comp to follow the race. awards before everything turns into extreme drunkeness.

SPONSORS: Seagull Bags, PBR, One on One, CRC, Behind Bars, Freight Baggage, Chrome, Crank Brothers, Surly, Under the Weather, Swobo, Twin Six, Masi, Kona, Bike Jerks, Jonny Cycles, and more. Sweet prizes, be assured.

registration gets you: entrance, spoke card, t-shirt, and into the party(*).

*=if you are 21, you can party. any age can race, but you gotta be 21 for the post party, sorry. just wait a year or two, then you can hang too.

if you’d like to volunteer to work a stop or to accomodate out of town folks, please email: stuporbowl11@gmail.com

http://www.myspace.com/stuporbowlxi myspace friend the race if you wish!

thats all for now, folks.[/img]

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 321 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    bobby-digital
    Participant

word. wheres the post party at?

andy-larson
    Participant

post party location will stay under wraps on the internet–but be assured, it will be all good. you’ll find out when you register.

deplaqer
    Participant

@andy larson wrote:

post party location will stay under wraps on the internet–but be assured, it will be all good. you’ll find out when you register.

So those of us who can’t race due to work, but would love to photograph the post party and other stuporbowl events, how can we get the info about the after party? Perhaps sometime after the race starts?

andy-larson
    Participant

i’m not entirely sure yet, but you probably will have to register and race or be a volunteer in order to be at the afterparty.

chrisfl
    Participant

I’d love to attend, but I’m going camping that weekend.

Beau
    Participant

I sent you a message on myspace, you read it, and no reply. Let me know if you’re interested.

thesuperrookie
    Participant

i sure hope one of you dooshbags buys mbma.net or that shit will be gone forever. it has been paid for out of the kindness of peoples hearts for 3 years and shit is getting expensive.

oh.

thanks for putting it on.

q-”what if people who want…but have to work and want to know where it is…”

a-”get work off.”

handy andy aka the weasel is my hero.

Radlerin

Is that blood on the snow? :shock:

bobby-digital
    Participant

I ran into a bus last year.

dis
    Participant

stuporbowl is so 2003.

Beau
    Participant

@(dis) wrote:

stuporbowl is so 2003.

Like, for real.

Cycling is sooooo 19th century.

Roller suits are were it’s at

mplsminx
    Participant

See you there, fuckers.

Love,

Minx

hereNT
    Participant

I might sit this one out.

sPanIsh
    Participant

Babes in Bikeland was my first race and that was so much fun. I’ve heard lots about stupor bowl and I’m giddy!

dis
    Participant

what the fuck is an mbma?

hereNT if you sit this out, i may have to start drinkin’.

who is super rookie? why is he so mad all the time?

if i finished 4th, then 2nd, then by all logic and math that i know, i should finish 0th this year. wtf is that?

it’s statistics.

maybe.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 321 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.