Stolen: Gray Cross-Check, 62cm, Lake Street

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of RVK RVK 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    RVK
    Participant

I can be reached at (303) 974-0941. If spotted, please call the police, a report has been filed!

Some asshole stole my beloved Cross-Check from me near the Rainbow Foods on Lake Street around 8:15 pm tonight 11/5/12.

It’s pretty distinct:

62cm Surly Cross Check, Gray
    -All decals except “Surly” removed
    -Black LHT fork
    -Nitto bars wrapped in brown Salsa tape
    -Salsa lowrider front rack, black
    -Brown brooks sallde w/ black cover
    -Vittoria Randonneur touring tires
    -MKS Touring pedals, silver
    -PDW Bar-ista on handlebars, black
    -Silver seapost
    -Triple front crankset
    -Black/grey U-Lock around the seat tube**
    -XT rear derailleur
    -XTR front derailleur
    -Black plastic rear fender
    -Bar-end shifters
    -Avid v-brakes
    -A ton of headtube spacers
    -FSA Orbit XL II headset
    -White MPLS Bike Love spoke card in rear wheel

I can be reached at (303) 974-0941. If spotted, please call the police, a report has been filed!

Thank you sincerely for your help,

Lucas

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    lsboogy
    Participant

Many of us know the bike – I’ll keep an eye out – sorry for your loss and the lot of us will try to apprehend the thief

omgmrj
    Participant

:(

RVK
    Participant

Here’s a more recent picture:

Still looking for this… and will continue to look, near and far, indefinitely.

It was taken by a taller, overweight Hispanic male, probably around 30 and I suspect he lives in the immediate area around the Rainbow Foods on Lake Street (http://goo.gl/maps/bgPWw) in South Minneapolis.

I genuinely appreciate all of the help/shares/etc!

Lucas
    (303) 974-0941

tcworley
    Participant

Dang, sorry to hear this.

In an effort to educate, I would also l like to hear how it was stolen – did you lock it, or no? I’ve noticed my cables have marks where people tried to cut them. It’s getting bad out there.

Keeping my eyes peeled…

- T.C.

Doomrider
    Participant

Bummer dude, as a fellow CC owner and recent Big Dummy theft victim, I feel your pain. I’ll keep a keen eye.

jitterjepp
    Participant

If someone steals my favorite bike I go ape shit. It’s happened before. It’s not pretty. I cry a lot. I hope someone spots it. Bring the thief to my house. I have a basement with real good sound channel and power tools.

JimmyDosVeces
    Participant

Unlikely because of the “18in”, but worth a shot. Looks like an idiots post, perhaps said idiot can’t measure either.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/bik/3413431319.html

RVK
    Participant

@kineticgraphics wrote:

Unlikely because of the “18in”, but worth a shot. Looks like an idiots post, perhaps said idiot can’t measure either.

Emailed on it — it’s a Moonlander. I have a picture of it… looks like a pretty stock Moonlader with black platform pedals. PM me if this is your bike as I have the poster’s name as well!

Svenn
    Participant

@RVK wrote:

@kineticgraphics wrote:

Emailed on it — it’s a Moonlander. I have a picture of it… looks like a pretty stock Moonlader with black platform pedals. PM me if this is your bike as I have the poster’s name as well!

Boehm’s has been contacted.

RVK
    Participant

@Svenn wrote:

@RVK wrote:
    @kineticgraphics wrote:

Boehm’s has been contacted.

Contacted them as well. Here’s a photo of the Moonlander:

RVK
    Participant

It’s spring now (kind of) and I still want this back. My contact information is listed in the first post — please keep an eye out and get in touch if it’s spotted!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.