Stolen Diamondback

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of whitegrove whitegrove 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    exlibris
    Participant

Somebody took a dark blue Diamondback from my garage in the Seward neighborhood on the night of the 29th. It was a found bike, so not a big deal (I had posted on this board when I found it, looking for the original owner). It has a distinctive sticker: An illustration of Obama with the French word “Geauxbama” under it. You can see an image here:
    http://www.artofobama.com/2009/01/11/geauxbama/

Please let me know if you see it. I am not so much interested in getting the bike back, as I am finding out who broke into our garage (and also rummaged through our car).

Thanks.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    bjorn
    Keymaster

I received an email from someone who claims to have found this bike, but was unable to register for the site. PMing you the details.

sewardfamily
    Participant

Hi – we found a blue Diamondback with stickers in the middle of 25th street on Dec 29th. It was around 11:30pm. It’s in our garage now. Let me know when you’d like to come over and get it.

exlibris
    Participant

Thanks all for the help in recovering the bike. Looks like they rode it a few blocks and abandoned it. Another Mpls. bike love success story.

Also, if anyone knows of the original owner of the bike, based on described sticker, have them contact me if they want it back. I suspect that this bike was stolen from somebody else months ago before I found it. But I ran the numbers by the police and it has not formally been reported. In the meanwhile it makes a nice guest bike and I suppose a decoy from the other bikes in my fleet.

whitegrove
    Participant

Sorry – posted in wrong place.

Glad you got your bike back!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.