Send us to the Summit!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of archiesturmer archiesturmer 2 years ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    FTwheelers
    Participant

Send Us to the Summit Alley Cat Race

Saturday, Dec 15th, 2012, 1pm

ALL AGES, SNOW OR SHINE

Suggested donation $5-20.

Event details: https://www.facebook.com/events/298221923612691/?fref=ts

Start/Finish:

Cycles for Change

712 University Ave W

Saint Paul

Come and enjoy this fun mountaineering themed scavenger-hunt-bike-ride around St. Paul to support Cycle for Change’s Youth Apprentices in their quest to attend the Youth Bike Summit in NYC this February. The route will be a choose-your-own-adventure 5 mile excursion through the city, stopping at local attractions. Team up for fun with friends and family to win great prizes! Participating mountaineers will outfit themselves for survival, plot their routes up treacherous peaks, encounter a Yeti, and record their journeys with trail markings and poetry. Some will survive, others will drink hot coco.

Participating in this event will help C4C’s Youth Apprentices to attend the Recycle-A-Bicycle’s Youth Bike Summit, a three day gathering geared toward youth, bicycles, education, and advocacy. This national conference aims to bring people from different disciplines to explore, network, and learn how bicycling can be a legitimate and safe form of transportation for today’s youth. Cycles for Change’s Youth Apprenticeship program includes six amazing youth ages 15-18 who are gaining extensive skills in bicycle mechanics, learning how a small non-profit business operates, and helping with many other parts of Cycles for Change’s operations such as teaching classes and doing outreach.

If you can’t participate but would still like to give, please visit: http://www.indiegogo.com/send-us-to-the-summit

Micah Thompson

micah@cyclesforchange.org

419-601-3189

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    sbs-z31
    Participant

Hopefully I won’t have anything going on this day, c4c are good people!

sbs-z31
    Participant

How many mplsbikelover will be attending this?

archiesturmer
    Participant

I was all set to do this, having carved-out the time, but then I noticed the start-time just now (evidently on my tiny ‘smart’phone when I originally read it, I thought it was in the evening). Steeling myself for slips and a couple falls– I guess I’ll just Ride around tonight…

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.