Photo Tag – Bar/Restaurant edition

This topic contains 204 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of deplaqer deplaqer 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    eviljelly
    Participant

I find that after a good round of photo tag, it’s a good time to go to a bar or a restaurant and have myself a good drink and/or meal. So here’s my twist on the photo tag. The basic rules are similar to the regular photo tag game:

1. Find the last untagged photo in the thread, ride to that location and take a picture of your bike in that same spot.

2. Reply with that picture and a new photo (including your bike) that someone has to tag.

3. The pictures must be within Minneapolis or St Paul city limits.

4. Saying where the last photo was taken without a picture is not allowed.

The added rules are:

5. Each location must be at or very close to a bar or restaurant.

6. When you say where the last photo was taken, give a short review of the bar or restaurant.

The review can be anything, really… A funny story about the place, your experience with the service, maybe it happens to be where you met your boyfriend/girlfriend, whatever! Just a few words about it.

I figure this might be a fun way to phototag and to find new bars/restaurants!

I’ll start us off. Pretend the “last photo” was at … umm.. Arones bar. Here’s my review of that place:

This is by far one of the strangest bars I’ve been to in a while. When I went in, the bar was lined with older wheelchaired gentlemen playing pulltabs and younger, big-haired ladies playing pool. I left almost immediately.

New:

Ride, drink and be merry!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 204 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Crazy, I had a very similar idea yesterday, but couldn’t figure out a way to actually get the person in the bar/restaurant. I like the review/comment idea.

cheffelipe

Old 331 club University and 13th.

Been there a couple of times, nothing much to say about the food. I remember
    drinking lots and lots of beer and playing trivia after some noname. I don’t go
    there very often, but lots of my friends love it.

New:

batjerk
    Participant

I love stuff that’s close to work…

Maybe I’ll have lunch there tomorrow, but it’d be pretty pointless to ride there except to get the photo.

bjorn
    Keymaster

Brasa, 6th and Hennepin SE. As a vegetarian I though I was SOL until my mom and I went there for my birfday. Two words: cheesy grits. Two more words: Collard greens. And just two more words: corn bread.

My opinion of this place is not so great.

I used to not like this place. Tonight, though, they had a cask of Bell’s Amber at $3 a pint, and a delicious Bella Burger, with portabellas, prosciutto, and goat cheese with chives.
    Bulldog NE

Now go here:

eviljelly
    Participant

EDIT: you son of a bitch Herc…! You beat me on the post. :x

I got beat on monkey tag and speed tag, and I found both of them. I was all excited to have a three-for.

OK, hint: This place is close to a river. It’s title suggests you might be able to view this river from the place, but you can’t. Unless you put a ladder on the roof, maybe.

eviljelly
    Participant

I think I got it… Here’s to hoping that someone doesn’t snipe it while I’m still stuck at work!

ppgc
    Participant

Old:

New:

You forgot rule #6:

6. When you say where the last photo was taken, give a short review of the bar or restaurant.

The review can be anything, really… A funny story about the place, your experience with the service, maybe it happens to be where you met your boyfriend/girlfriend, whatever! Just a few words about it.

ppgc
    Participant

@HerculesTRockefeller wrote:

You forgot rule #6:

You guys are all about rules. :) I had never been there, it was closed yesterday, but I have been to the Riverview Theater many times and that place is nice.

ppgc
    Participant

No one live/commute/work by Lake Nokomis? :)

No. But maybe just maybe I’ll make a special trip. Unless somebody beats me.

bjorn
    Keymaster

Ugh. I’ve been meaning to get down there for a while! But alas, tags have been suffering at the whimsy of my work (and the gimp).

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 204 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.