pedal upgrade offer – Crank Bros

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of kuando kuando 1 year, 12 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    ChrisAdyNelson
    Participant

For a limited time, upgrade ANY of your clipless pedals to a crankbrothers eggbeater 3, candy 3 or mallet 3 for only $60. The MSRP price is $120 – that’s half price.

http://www.crankbrothers.com/rt_ticket_add.php

GREAT offer! I want new Eggbeaters and have an old set of Shimanos that are ready to retire. Now to justify the purchase to the finance department (AKA wife)!

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    ChrisAdyNelson
    Participant

@ebbmart wrote:

they said limited time three months ago when I did it and posted it :mrgreen:
    That said, its a good deal.

Is it the same offer??? I remember that… and thought this was a new one. Maybe you’re right, it’s a ‘limited time’ offer, meaning is limited by the end of time.

giddything
    Participant

@ChrisAdyNelson wrote:

@ebbmart wrote:

Is it the same offer??? I remember that… and thought this was a new one. Maybe you’re right, it’s a ‘limited time’ offer, meaning is limited by the end of time.

Maybe if you bike far enough, those pedals will take you to Milliways.

ChrisAdyNelson
    Participant

@giddything wrote:

@ChrisAdyNelson wrote:
    @ebbmart wrote:

Maybe if you bike far enough, those pedals will take you to Milliways.

Timely reference, I just started rereading The Restaurant at the End of the Universe… haven’t read it in decades.

omgmrj
    Participant

@ebbmart wrote:

Im thinking about going with Time ;)

:)

Quinn
    Participant

@omgmrj wrote:

@ebbmart wrote:
    Im thinking about going with Time ;)

:)

:D

SurlyBoston
    Participant

Save your money and Get some Time ATAC’s. I have eggbeaters on three bikes, got them cheap, and I loathe all of them. They disengage, even with new cleats and and a straight foot, when you put the hammer down.

ChrisAdyNelson
    Participant

I’ve put over 5,000 miles on my eggbeater and only pulled out once … and it was with extremely old and worn down cleats. I also have Shimano pedals… I’m here a huge fan of Crank Bros.

Volsung
    Participant

I’m like Chris’s pedals. I don’t pull out.

Squire-Quigley
    Participant

I’ve been on eggbeaters for a couple of years now. I’m no Cook Bros evangelist, but I think they work pretty good. I think if you’re having ongoing problems pulling out then somethings not set up right or there’s a weird shoe issue.

ChrisAdyNelson
    Participant

@Volsung wrote:

Right on! Just ask my kids.

FreeRangeZombie
    Participant

@Volsung wrote:

TOTH.

omgmrj
    Participant

@Squire Quigley wrote:

I think if you’re having ongoing problems pulling out then somethings not set up right or there’s a weird shoe issue.

What if the bearings keep exploding?

kuando
    Participant

@omgmrj wrote:

@Squire Quigley wrote:
    I think if you’re having ongoing problems pulling out then somethings not set up right or there’s a weird shoe issue.

What if the bearings keep exploding?

Yeah they sell a service kit. I think the wire things break more often. I gave away all mine.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.