Minneapolize blog

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of jimh jimh 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    tony-desnick
    Participant

Based loosely on Mikael Coville-Andersen’s Copenhagenize blog, I’ve started Minneapolize.com , a blog which will deal primarily with advocacy, ideas from elsewhere and celebrating our bike culture here in the Twin Cities.

I’m looking for up to 5 regular contributors who share an interest and can write well and generally be fonts of great wisdom.

I’m pushing up against 60 so a younger perspective will be welcome.

Let me now if anyone might be interested.

The initial blogpost can be found at minneapolize.com

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    tony-desnick
    Participant

Thanks for your interest. I was waiting for the first flame as the anonymity of these forums often supports this so i was happy to see interest.

I will indeed stay focused on citizen cycling. The helmet discussion is an interesting one.

I wear one, went down last spring ending in a minor concussion so was happy I had it.

I’ll continue to wear one but I also completely understand the public policy argument and support it. When however we reach a critical mass (20% mode share) then I think I could easily leave it at home. Funny thing is when I was a youngster I rode everywhere I went and never once had a helmet on.

Regarding Minneapolize, I’m 58 so I’ll reiterate that I’m looking for some younger talent to contribute to the blog.

tony-desnick
    Participant

The Copenhagenize blog listed Minneapolize.com as a “Site we like”. I’m hoping it will drive traffic to the blog from around the world. That way we can widen the discussion.

At this point we are getting about 75 page views a day but it feels a bit like we are talking to ourselves.

We also have two new bloggers. Frank Boyce and Jackie Blair.

tony-desnick
    Participant

New twitter account

@Minneapolize

tony-desnick
    Participant
    tony-desnick
    Participant

Poll at minneapolize.com can be found in the right sidebar.

jimh
    Participant

Tried to leave a comment on your latest blog post, typed it all in, then found I had to have some sort of account ID in order to post it… would be more interesting if anonymous comments were allowed.

tony-desnick
    Participant

I agree. Google is making it necessary to be part of some online group in order to post comments.

jimh
    Participant

Google is desperate to herd people onto Google+.

I wanted to comment about how much I agreed with your assessment of “paint lanes”.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.