MBL Fishing tourney

This topic contains 146 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Ted-D Ted-D 3 years, 8 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    QuickDraw
    Participant

would there be any interest in a MBL fishing tourney, here’s what I have in mind:

rules
    you have to bike you and your fishing gear to the lake/river from your house.
    you need a photo and measurement of the fish in question.

not sure how we would account for fish of different species
    game fish/non game fish(possibly different categories)

seems like this contest could run through the summer/winter if need be.

any interest? any other suggestions on how to make this work better, can’t wait to use my new 6wt pack flyrod, i want to target some large carp this summer.

Viewing 15 replies - 121 through 135 (of 146 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Ted-Welter
    Participant

@suspeckted wrote:

@Dann wrote:
    @Zebrakeys wrote:
    What a neat little fire hydrant hood ornament.

+1!

But -4439 for stuff getting jacked from Ted. :x

Wait, what? When did this happen? Someone link me.

The Sad Story.

Ted-Welter
    Participant

The biggest one yet this year (29″):

Still some open water fishing left. PM me if you want to get out before the freeze.

Ted-D
    Participant

@Ted Welter wrote:

The biggest one yet this year (29″):

Still some open water fishing left. PM me if you want to get out before the freeze.

DAMN!

Ted-Welter
    Participant

So how about we make the hat that Quickdraw came up with sort of like the stanley cup? I.e., the winner gets possession of The Hat until a challenger takes it away.

I get The Hat this year.

I am open to taking others on bike fishing trips. Open water beckons.

fafnir
    Participant

@Ted Welter wrote:

So how about we make the hat that Quickdraw came up with sort of like the stanley cup? I.e., the winner gets possession of The Hat until a challenger takes it away.

I get The Hat this year.

I am open to taking others on bike fishing trips. Open water beckons.

I want to join you this year for some of these. I also want to do some day trips with the canoe with a folding bike in the front and then ride back to where I started from.

Ted-Welter
    Participant

Well I didn’t even have a pole with me, but I did get a picture of a muskie in Cedar Lake that would be hard to beat. It’s a little hard to make out, but you can see the snout here on the left side of the pic:

and the tail in the middle foreground here:

Sucker was at least 40 inches long.

steef
    Participant

And to think we almost went swimming there after the No-Hater. :o

Zebrakeys
    Participant

I went there yesterday, and I’m pretty sure the same muskie was super close to the beach because everyone was shouting about a giant fish that was just hangin out.

Ted-D
    Participant

Hit 3 large mouth at Harriet today at my super secret spot. The first one I got was probably 2.5 lbs which was pretty sweet considering the 3 lb. test I had on. I think we need to schedule a day to go after that muskie.

mmason01
    Participant

Growing up on Cedar, I caught a 25″ muskie with my Snoopy fishing rod. Was glad my dad was there to prevent me from getting pulled in.

Ted-D
    Participant

@mmason01 wrote:

Growing up on Cedar, I caught a 25″ muskie with my Snoopy fishing rod. Was glad my dad was there to prevent me from getting pulled in.

OH YEAH!? Well I grew up on an island with survivors of oceanic 815 and I caught a great blue whale with a thread from my underwear attached to our last grain of rice and I didn’t even have a father to keep me from getting pulled in so I rode it around for 15 years and brought it back to my people who were mostly all dead by then.

Seriously though, the only muskie I’ve ever caught was the saddest looking thing ever. It didn’t fight at all and looked like one of those manatees who’s been hit by countless motor props. I think it may have just wanted to be put out of its misery…so I threw it back :)

Ted-Welter
    Participant

Nokomis has ‘em too:

But these are hybrids. I’ve never landed a real muskie. Hooked a nice one, snapped the line after twisting around a dead tree in the Chippewa River.

biker7
    Participant

@Ted Welter wrote:

…I’ve never landed a real muskie. Hooked a nice one,
    snapped the line after twisting around a dead tree in the Chippewa River.

Chippewa River? As in Minnesota? Or Wisconsin?

jitterjepp
    Participant

I went up near Grand Rapids two weeks ago and bike camped here

and I got these two for dinner.

Not the biggest bass but I don’t like the way the older ones taste. They’re kind of muddy tasting to me and they have good genes so I throw them back anyway.

Doesn’t count though because I got a ride to grand rapids.

mjuv
    Participant

@jitterjepp wrote:

Doesn’t count though because I got a ride to grand rapids.

It sure DOES count. If you carry your gear for any distance by bike then use it for an overnight, it counts as a tour. If a tour only counts when I ride from home…well then I couldn’t ever tour.

Viewing 15 replies - 121 through 135 (of 146 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.