Maplewood/St.Paul and surrounding area BL group ride

This topic contains 30 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of pannierpacker pannierpacker 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    sbs-z31
    Participant

Just wondering if anyone in this area would be interested for a group ride this coming Saturday, we could all agree on a route or just do a mapless ride.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    godofmildew
    Participant

I work this weekend otherwise I’d definitely be interested. Unless folks are thinking about an evening ride?

kuando
    Participant

What is BL?

sbs-z31
    Participant

Evening ride should be ok with me, anyone else interested?

Participant

@kuando wrote:

What is BL?

It must be code for “fatbike.”

sbs-z31
    Participant

Just an abbreviation for bike love, so who’s up for a ride this Saturday?

godofmildew
    Participant

Meet around 5 in the Lexington/Dale vicinity? Preferably somewhere that has warmth to share.

sbs-z31
    Participant

@godofmildew wrote:

Meet around 5 in the Lexington/Dale vicinity? Preferably somewhere that has warmth to share.

Where you thinking? Bat56 could probably meet up too but I will double check with him.3

godofmildew
    Participant

@sbs z31 wrote:

@godofmildew wrote:

Where you thinking? Bat56 could probably meet up too but I will double check with him.3

I’m an idiot, I meant around hwy 36 and lexingtonish. Actually, Lexington and Larpenteur looks like a good spot with choices. The Bicycle Chain, maybe? I assume they’d be cool with people stopping in.

sbs-z31
    Participant

@godofmildew wrote:

@sbs z31 wrote:
    @godofmildew wrote:

I’m an idiot, I meant around hwy 36 and lexingtonish. Actually, Lexington and Larpenteur looks like a good spot with choices. The Bicycle Chain, maybe? I assume they’d be cool with people stopping in.

Yeah I go to bicycle chain a lot so I’m sure they’ll be ok with it lol I don’t live too far from there, maybe 25-30min worth of riding with the winter bike.

sbs-z31
    Participant

If you want, we could meet up at bicycle chain, head north on Lexington, go east on Roselawn and that’ll take us right into the Reservoir Woods Trail and posibly hit up the gateway trail. This is just a suggestion so let me know what you think.

godofmildew
    Participant

Great. I’m flexible with routing on the fly, so we can start with ‘out the gateway’ and see where we end up.

Also, now that I think about it I’m not sure how long it’ll take me to get down there from work. I’m going to guess I’ll be there at 5, but I might be a few minutes off.

@sbs z31 wrote:

If you want, we could meet up at bicycle chain, head north on Lexington, go east on Roselawn and that’ll take us right into the Reservoir Woods Trail and posibly hit up the gateway trail. This is just a suggestion so let me know what you think.

sbs-z31
    Participant

godofmildew, I just sent you a pm. If anyone else is interested please post here or send me a pm.

sbs-z31
    Participant

If anyone is interested, we’re meeting up at Bicycle Chain around 5pm and then head onto Reservoir Woods trail, get on the Gateway trail then head south to Phalen lake and do one lap there and call it a night once we’re back on the Gateway.

sbs-z31
    Participant

Had a fun time riding with godofmildew and hopefully he find his phone.

godofmildew
    Participant

It wasn’t between the ride and my house, or didn’t seem to be. And I was too cold and tired when I got home to ride the other possible miles. I did find some lindor extra dark chocolate truffles on the way home, though.

@sbs z31 wrote:

Had a fun time riding with godofmildew and hopefully he find his phone.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.