Gateway trail this Sunday

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of BryanRidesBikes BryanRidesBikes 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    sbs-z31
    Participant

I’m planning to ride to Stillwater again this Saturday and was wondering if anyone would like to join me, planning to leave around noon.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    sbs-z31
    Participant

Ok I guess this will be Sunday instead of Saturday, come join me if you like and the Gateway trail is awesome.

godofmildew
    Participant

I could be talked into stillwater Sunday, if I can keep up. What sort of pace do you folks run? Meeting spot?

sbs-z31
    Participant

@godofmildew wrote:

I could be talked into stillwater Sunday, if I can keep up. What sort of pace do you folks run? Meeting spot?

I just try to ride as fast as I can but I just switched to fixed and slow as heck now lol but I live right by the trail on Larpentuer and Edgerton in Maplewood/St.Paul. If anything I like to average at least 15-16mph for 20mi+ rides.

biker7
    Participant

I could do this today, but not tomorrow. It should be a lot less busy at this time of year.

If you ride the Gateway Trail from the trailhead at Cayuga Street, you might consider getting the Saint Paul Speed tag along the way. :)

sbs-z31
    Participant

@biker7 wrote:

I could do this today, but not tomorrow. It should be a lot less busy at this time of year.

If you ride the Gateway Trail from the trailhead at Cayuga Street, you might consider getting the Saint Paul Speed tag along the way. :)

What is th St.Paul speed tag you speak of?

sbs-z31
    Participant

Ok I’m planning on leaving around 10am so if anyone wants to tag along then let me know and we can figure a place to meet up along the trail.

biker7
    Participant

@sbs z31 wrote:

@biker7 wrote:

What is th St.Paul speed tag you speak of?

viewtopic.php?p=291082#p291082

godofmildew
    Participant

I’m going to try to wake up in time to meet you where the gateway crosses the waterway leaving the north side of Phelan. If I’m not there, assume I slept in and enjoy your ride. I’m easy to spot, high-viz yellow and panniers.

sbs-z31
    Participant

@godofmildew wrote:

I’m going to try to wake up in time to meet you where the gateway crosses the waterway leaving the north side of Phelan. If I’m not there, assume I slept in and enjoy your ride. I’m easy to spot, high-viz yellow and panniers.

Sounds good, hope you can make it.

godofmildew
    Participant

@sbs z31 wrote:

Sounds good, hope you can make it.

Sorry, I just can’t bring myself to leave for a long ride at 30 degrees/cloudy when it’s supposed to be much nicer in the afternoon. Another time I’ll be in.

sbs-z31
    Participant

Was a good ride even though it was just me. Saw two roadies on the trail and chit chat for a little bit as one of them dropped their rear light and I help found it for him. This was my first time riding more than my usual 16mi commute round trip with the fixed gear and it sure was fun. Hopefully I can do this again before the snow come.

godofmildew
    Participant

I’m pretty disappointed that I waited for it to get “nice” this afternoon. I’ll be kicking myself for hours.

sbs-z31
    Participant

@godofmildew wrote:

I’m pretty disappointed that I waited for it to get “nice” this afternoon. I’ll be kicking myself for hours.

Haha we can do it again this coming weekend if the weather will hold up.

godofmildew
    Participant

@sbs z31 wrote:

Haha we can do it again this coming weekend if the weather will hold up.

I have to work next weekend so that’s a no go for me.

BryanRidesBikes
    Participant

Hmm, 3 other bikelovers and myself rode to Stillwater on the 2nd. Though we didn’t leave till 11.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.