All City Bike Polo Tournament and BBQ

This topic contains 77 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Mr.-Do Mr.-Do 5 years, 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    Connor
    Participant

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Announcing, in conjunction with the All City Alleycat, the All City Bike Polo Tournament… and BBQ. The tournament will involve a brief Round Robin followed by Double Elimination. Teams of three do not need to be co-ed.

I’ll mount my high horse to say that biking is not about brand sponsors, so don’t expect flashy swag (though Jeff may toss some our way). As we all know, biking is all about gettin paid, so teams will be competing for glory and cash. Entrance fee for each team is $9.

Location: McRae Park at 46th and Chicago in the Hardcourt PoloDrome (hockey rink).
    Date: Sunday, August 23rd at 1 PM SHARP.

Of course, spectators are welcome and to encourage spectatorship I propose we barbecue on the side lines. Everyone should come and nurse their racenight hangover by the grill. Can I get a volunteer Grill Master? I think the BFF polo tournament was a big success and a hell-of-a-lot of fun, and I hope to see even more participation at this one.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    ald
    Participant

another co-ed touney? jeeze, what are you trying to do. we all know girls aren’t good at stuff.

Mr.-Do
    Participant

I agree. grls are great. but how do you propose a Double Elim tourney that starts at 1? an extremely short round robin? not trying to be a doosher, just curious. either way, ‘Wake Me Up Before You Polo’ will be there, with our hairy backs and tribal tats. bring spare forks, biatches! Once again, it’s on…

ald
    Participant

my (limited) understanding is that a shortened round robin will happen sat. with the double elims sunday? i’m about 40% sure of this.

ald
    Participant

i’m gonna post this on the league of bike polo site. ok? ok

outreach connor, outreach! (or are you just gonna ride on jeff’s promotional coattails?)

Atomkinder
    Participant

Need a mechanic for this one too? That was fun.

dirtywrench
    Participant

Yeah, why mandatory coed again? We already had one of those. Its not like Minneapolis has a flourishing female polo community, theres like maybe 5 girls who play on a regular basis. Honestly I don’t think the interest is even there enough to merit another coed tournament. Just what I think, now quickly, someone chastise me before it gets stale.

Atomkinder
    Participant

@dirtywrench wrote:

…now quickly, someone chastise me before it gets stale.

For shame!

Zebrakeys
    Participant

I don’t get the mandatory Coed either. Now if it was mandatory all male that would be a bigger problem. If the girls wanna play let them play. But they shouldn’t have to struggle to find a girl.

/twobits.

clove
    Participant

I third ditching the co-ed.

Let’s just go play and not worry what naughty bits we may have.

Connor
    Participant

yeah, I think co-ed is sorta a stilted way of being PC… the women who play polo in this town are as good as any of the guys. Except maybe Dustin. He’s all man, more than all man, like two men. So yeah, in the spirit of voluntary association… teams are no longer co-ed.

Jerbear
    Participant

Didn’t we even have to import a couple Milwaukee ladies for the BFF tourney?

I’ve got a week-long family vacation up through All City weekend but hopefully I can make it back to town by Sunday afternoon for some polo.

kuando
    Participant

@Zebrakeys wrote:

But they shouldn’t have to struggle to find a girl.

That’s funny. :D

Svenn
    Participant

So… who’s going to be the first team to announce their intentions?

stevelious
    Participant

@Mr. Do wrote:

I agree. grls are great. but how do you propose a Double Elim tourney that starts at 1? an extremely short round robin? not trying to be a doosher, just curious. either way, ‘Wake Me Up Before You Polo’ will be there, with our hairy backs and tribal tats. bring spare forks, biatches! Once again, it’s on…

I believe Mr. Do took care of that already.

Mr.-Do
    Participant

@stevelious wrote:

@Mr. Do wrote:
    either way, ‘Wake Me Up Before You Polo’ will be there, with our hairy backs and tribal tats. bring spare forks, biatches! Once again, it’s on…

I believe Mr. Do took care of that already.

Indeed I did. & it is still my intention to field the same co-ed team :shock:

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.