A Few Gears Eve 6

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of marshall-house marshall-house 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    marshall-house
    Participant

Wow. Sort-of can’t believe this our 6th year doing this. Crazy! Plan on it, this year is our best yet. More details soon; in the meanwhile, follow us on facebook or twitter. Hoping some more nice folks will be willing to volunteer again, too.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    lowrah
    Participant

Yay! This will be my… third? year. The weather has sucked a whole bunch every year I’ve done this, which is 80% of the fun! Thanks for putting this on again.

Can we have links to facebook and twitter, please?

ACBC
    Participant

Seconded on the FB link.

steef
    Participant
    lowrah
    Participant

Thanks, Steef!

archiesturmer
    Participant

I’m also looking forward to this, tho I (again) don’t think I’ll be able to complete the Route in the time allowed. But it’s still fun. I’m trying to round up some other Riders to keep me company at the lower end of the spectrum.

(Post details as they become available, here, as I’m evidently the last person in the Americas who ISN’T on Fakebook…)

ladybug
    Participant

If you still need volunteers, myself and one other are down!

archiesturmer
    Participant

Is this still happening or has it been called due to weather with the projected lows in the Danger-For-Drunken-And-Wobbly-Bicycle-Riders Range? Make everyone sign a Waiver in case their Winky wilts and wanes. Girl-Winkies too. Maybe reschedule for Chinese New Year? (The world’s their oyster now anyhow– if we switch now we can avoid the rush.)

A little info would help plan how big a pair of boots to wear…

archiesturmer
    Participant

Or give me time to Gin-Up a more convincing excuse than “My Dog ate my Manifest” or “The Moon was in my eyes”.

marshall-house
    Participant

Tomorrow’s the day! Here are a few last minute notes, if any of you haven’t been following on facebook or twitter:
    -Race will go off at 7PM on the dot no matter what. It’s cold this year but it’s not the worst conditions we’ve run the race in. Plus that’s what makes it fun…
    -If any of you are interested in volunteering, that’s great! Meet at Omnium Bike Shop at 5PM for delicious chili and briefing. We’ve also got a some free stuff for you. Personally, I think volunteering for this is a lot of fun and maybe almost as fun as the race itself. TOTALLY worth it and we really need the help!
    -This year the race is done in TEAMS OF TWO ONLY! Bring a friend or make a friend when you get there. We’ll explain more of the details at the start.
    -If anyone has any questions before the race, give Omnium Bike Shop a call tomorrow and someone there should be able to help you.

See you there!

Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Few-Gears-Eve-6/175542779130474
    Twitter: AFewGearsEve #FGE6

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.