5 STOLEN BIKES FOUND

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of kajero kajero 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Svenn
    Participant

Can you(or anyone) identify the makes of the Blue bike with bullhorns, the maroon cruiser or the black bike with the Cars R Coffins sticker on it?

Thanks for posting this Karen.

Karen Axtell
    Participant

Sorry, I am not a bike person, but here are some descriptions:
    Blue/white diamondback Edgewood

Red/gray Schwinn panther

Blue junior Fuji with white handles
    Black bike – lots of stickers – #6 on front, purple handles

Maroon cruiser

Svenn
    Participant

Thanks, even just that is helpful.

DangHeim
    Participant

MBL’s Facebook page listed this, and it appears the owner of all five bikes saw the post and has contacted Karen. Well done, Karen, thanks for posting.

Ben McCoy
    Keymaster

Yes. Thank you! And bike love!!

Brian Rich
    Participant

Thanks Karen!!! My familiy is going to be sooo glad to get their bikes back. I have sent you and email via craigslist.

Thank you also to MPLSBIKELOVE!

Karen Axtell
    Participant

I connected with the owner and the bikes are on their way home!! Yay!!

FreeRangeZombie
    Participant

Yay! What a wonderful thing todo see on our forum today

kajero
    Participant

What do you look for when you see a bike to see if was stolen.
    I do a lot riding on the trails. I look at the photos in the pictures all the time, but then forget what the bike looks like.
    I would really like to help people recover their bicycles as the New Hope police recovered mine.

Elvis Presley
    Participant

Is it best to NOT involve the police, as in this case? How could you tell the bikes were clearly stolen?
    Thanks

Karen Axtell
    Participant

I am not sure what is the best route to go? I did call the police and they didn’t seem to care….. They asked me if the bikes had been reported stolen, but obviously they were not mine and I had no clue whether or not the owner had reported anything.

Some bikes have been disappearing in my neighborhood, so I was on hyper-alert. These 5 bikes were all chained together, which I thought was very very odd. That is what tipped me off. Since I am not an avid biker, I was not sure what to do, so I called The Hub and they suggested posting the bikes on this forum, along with twitter to @stolenbikesmpls. I first tried craigslist, but all I received were people that wanted to buy the bikes.

When I spoke to the police, they said if the bikes were there for over 72 hours, they would come and collect them, which I dreaded, since I knew the owners would, most likely, never see their bikes again if that happened.

In any case, I hope this helps.

Thanks!
    K

kajero
    Participant

Thank you for your informative answer.

I am not sure the police would have helped either. I doubt bicycles would be returned to their rightful owners from what I saw (a HUGE pile of bikes) in the police garage when my bike was stolen. (Mine was recovered and returned; it didn’t make it to the pile thanks to very observant officer who recognized it being ridden from photos I had supplied.)

I will keep looking for what I remember from this site as well bikes I think may be stolen bikes and post them here.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.