Open Streets Minneapolis brings together community groups and local businesses to temporarily close major thoroughfares to car traffic, and open them up for people walking, biking, skating, and playing. This community event is in its sixth year, and is co-sponsored by the City of Minneapolis.
- Lyndale: Sunday, June 4
- Downtown: Sunday, June 11
- Lake + Minnehaha: Sunday, July 23
- Northeast: Sunday, August 6
- Franklin: Sunday, August 27
- West Broadway: Saturday, September 9
- Nicollet: Sunday, September 24